What is The Sarah Dodds Fund?
The overarching aim of this fund is to contribute to the development of inspirational initiatives and individuals that Sarah would have committed time and resources to.
Originally the aim of the SDF was to match early stage social initiatives with high-quality MBA graduate calibre individuals for internships that will focus on capacity-building and investment readiness. The purpose of these matchings was two-fold:
- To prepare the social initiative for scale – moving it towards sustainability, success and greatly increased impact, and
- To inspire and educate MBAs, influencing their career choices and further ‘mainstreaming’ social and environmental change into the MBA process.
The fund was set up in 2008 and conducted two rounds of MBA placements into social ventures in 2009 and 2010. Details of these can be found in the annual reports available on this website.
In 2011 and 2012 the fund trialled a different approach, making a total of three investments into social ventures. Again details of these investments can be found in the annual reports available on this website.
In 2013 we trialled a different approach, as outlined on the front page of this website. We hope to identify, shortlist and select one or more social ventures for investment during the annual OxfordJam event.
In 2014 we handed all responsibility for setting terms of loans to the recipients and have been continuing this approach during 2015 with remarkable results: stronger engagement, better terms and more trusted relationships. We are now using this experience to inform the development of a larger fund that will sit inside the funds parent charity, the Centre for Innovation in Voluntary Action (CIVA).
What you can do?
- Contribute funds to establish and maintain this memorial. Consider setting up a monthly or annual payment. Contribute to the fund (through http://justgiving.com/rememberingsarahdodds or CIVA (Centre for Innovation in Voluntary Action), 9 Mansfield Place, London, UK NW3 1HS (with a note that cheques are for Sarah’s fund) and filling in the Gift Aid form attached alongside this document.
- Commit to getting involved; providing pro bono support, spreading the word and registering this on the online community as it gets established.
- Commit to being a guardian or steward of this memorial.
For more information, please get in touch via the contact page.